MSBI Sample Resume
PROFESSIONAL SUMMARY - MSBI DEVELOPER
- 7+ years of experience as Business Intelligence Developer and Data Analyst in Production, Development and Staging Environments.
- Strong Communication & Management skills with Excellent Role playing capabilities.
- Extensive experience in Installation, Configuration and Updates of SQL Server.
- Involved in Huge data migrations, transfers using utilities like Data Transformation Services (DTS), and SSIS, Bulk Copy Program (BCP) and Bulk Insert.
- Experience in BI Development and Deployment of DTS, SSIS packages from MS-Access, Excel, Oracle.
- Designing and Deployment of Reports for the End-User requests using Web Interface & SSRS.
- Extensive experience in controlling the User Privileges, Monitoring the Security and Audit issues as per Standards.
- Expertise in Performance tuning, Optimization, Data integrity and Statistics by using SQL Profiler, PerfMon and Spotlight.
- Experience in solving Real Time issues with Index fragmentation, DBCC checks, Query Tuning, Error and Event Handling.
- Expertise in SQL Server Storage Structures and Security Architecture for databases residing on SAN storage.
- Experienced in programming tasks-Stored Procedures, Triggers, Cursors using SQL Server 2012/2014 with T-SQL.
- Experienced in SDLC life cycle for Design, Development and Staging phases of the projects with support of Data-Flow, Process Models, E-R Diagrams.
- Extensive experience in Deploying and Consolidating Multiple Instances over Clustering Environment and Remote Installations.
- Extensive experience in Installation, Configuration and Deployment of SSRS using Scale-Out, Scale-Up and Local topologies.
- Involved in migration of SSIS Packages 2012 SP1 CU5 and troubleshoot migration issues.
- Experience in providing Logging, Error handling by using Event Handler, and Custom Logging for SSIS Packages.
- Experience in Performance Tuning in SSIS packages by using Row Transformations, Block and Unblock Transformations.
- Expertise in generating reports using SQL Server Reporting Services, Crystal Reports, and MS Excel Power View.
- Expertise in What-If Analysis using Excel, Power Pivot Reports and Drill Through Dashboards using Warehouses and OLTP Connections
- Expertise in Proactive Caching, Degenerated Dimensions and Tabular Data Modelling for Moderate to Large Data Systems.
- Excellent T-SQL Developer skills including Stored Procedures, Indexed Views, User Defined Functions, Triggers, and Distributed Transactions.
- Working knowledge of .Net Framework 3.5 (VB.NET and C#.NET), IIS Web Server.
|Databases:||SQL SERVER 2008/2012/2014, MS-Access and MY SQL|
|Programming:||VB, C3, C, C++ & SQL|
|Operating System:||Windows 2008/2012 R2 Advanced Server, NT & Windows 9x, Linux|
|Tools:||Backup Utility, SQL LiteSpeed, Excel Power View|
|Network Topologies:||TCP/IP, DNS, WINS, DHCP, FTP, SNMP, SMTP|
Client: General Electrical [GE-India]
Role: MSBI Engineer
Duration: XXXX to YYYY
- Extracted data from various sources like SQL Server 2008/2012, Oracle, .CSV, Excel and Text file from Client servers and through FTP.
- Handled Performance Tuning and Optimization on SSIS and MDX, with strong analytical and troubleshooting skills for quick issue resolution in large-scale production environments located globally.
- Involved in creation/review of functional requirement specifications and supporting documents for business systems, experience in database design process and data modeling process.
- Created Data-driven Packages in SSIS 2012 as part of the automating the process for the Referral Process.
- The packages created included a variety of transformations, for example Slowly Changing Dimensions, Look up, Aggregate, Derived Column, Conditional Split, Fuzzy Lookup, Multicast and Data Conversion.
- Reviewed & Tested packages, fixing bugs (if any) using SQL 2005 Business Intelligence Development Studio.
- Studied existing OLAP system(s) and created facts, dimensions and star schema representation for the data mart and warehouse systems.
- Involved to planning and designing SSAS 2012 Cubes and building attribute relationships for optimal MDX query performance of Hierarchies and Fact Dimensions.
- Involved in Staging Partitions and Usage Based Optimization ( UBO) mechanisms for SSAS 2012 and 2008 OLAP databases.
- Involved in Tabular Datawarehouse and DAX operations for SSAS 2012 and 2008 OLAP databases.
- Involved in performing Audits and recovery operations of SSAS objects.
- Assess the risks and recommend/ install service packs or hot fixes when needed.
Environment: SQL Server 2005 and SQL server 2008, DTS, SSIS, SSAS, Import/Export tools, SQL Server Agent , MS Access, T-SQL, ERWIN
Client: Sonata Software
Role: SSIS and SSRS Developer
Duration: Duration: XXXX to YYYY
- Implementation and delivery of MSBI platform solutions to develop and deploy ETL, analytical, reporting and scorecard / dashboards on SQL Server 2008 using SSAS, SSIS/DTS, SSRS.
- Developed, deployed and monitored SSIS Packages for new ETL Processes and upgraded the existing DTS packages to SSIS for the on-going ETL Processes.
- Monitored Full/Incremental/Daily Loads and support all scheduled ETL jobs for batch processing.
- Migration of DTS packages to SSIS packages
- Involved in Migration of Databases from SQL Server 2005 to SQL Server 2008 using SSIS.
- Involved in Technical decisions for Business requirement, Interaction with Business Analysts, Client team, Development team, Capacity planning and Up gradation of System Configuration.
- Planned, Configured, Installed, Maintained SQL Server in environment of Multi-node Cluster with Mulch-instances.
- Configured and Monitored Database Mirroring for Application Development environment
- Involved in Installation, Configuration and Deployment of Reports using SSRS with Scale-Out topology.
- Involved in SQL Server Configuration, Administration, Implementation and Trouble-shooting for Business work.
- Controlled, coordinated installations (Security Patches, Service packs) and evaluated the performance before deployment.
- Involved in daily code drops and archives on the production databases during maintenance windows.
- Scripted OLAP database backup and scheduled a daily backup using SQL Server agent job.
- Performed Regular Database Maintenance process, checking the disk Defrag procedures in different environments.
- Used SQL Profiler for Performance monitor to resolve Dead Locks and Long running queries by checking appropriate changes to Transaction Isolation levels
- Performed Database Refresh tasks from production to Development and Staging Servers
- Performed Database consistency checks with DBCC, Defrag, Index tuning and monitored error logs
- Database Performance of Index tuning with using Database Engine Tuning Advisor to resolve Performance issues
- Developed and optimized database structures, stored procedures, Dynamic Management views, DDL triggers and user-defined functions.
- Work involvement in performance monitoring of Memory, Processor, Disk I/O and fine tuning.
- Handled Scheduled backups and restore operations with Litespeed 5.0 and monitored the Tasks, Maintenance plans.
- Involved in writing Stored Procedures and Functions, Cursors to handle database automation tasks
Client: Panaroma Technologies
Place: Place: NY, USA
Role: SQL Server Developer
Duration: Duration: XXXX to YYYY
- Involved in Technical decisions for Business requirement, Interaction with Business Analysts, Client team, Development team, Capacity planning and Upgrading of SQL Servers.
- Performed Physical and Logical Data Modeling for databases of varied sizes including VLDBs.
- Configured DR solution with Transaction Replication from Distribution Server with multiple Updatable subscriptions.
- Involved in Installation, Configuration and Deployment of SSRS Reports using different topologies.
- Involved in Creation, Development and Deployment of SSIS packages in SQL Server 2008.
- Used Process Explorer for maintenance of stuck process, and to release the handles on files
- Performed Database consistency checks with DBCC , Defrag, Index tuning and monitored error logs
- Provided On-Call support to Mission critical Environments and expertise with Disaster Recovery mechanisms.
- Maintained two different databases: Read-only reporting database and Disaster recovery database
- Performed security tasks like Grant, Revoke permissions for security tasks
- Resolved issues for mission critical high usage of system CPU, Disk, Deadlocks and Transaction per/sec, Memory.
- Developed Stored Procedures, Triggers, and SQL scripts for performing automation tasks
- Performed and fine-tuned Stored Procedures and SQL Queries and User Defined Functions.
- Implemented Table Partitioning, Advanced Error handling, Common Table Expression (CTE) and LINQ.
- Involved in training Update features for Business solution of SQL Server.